After a successful start in 2015, the Five More Exhibition returns to the Ninian Gallery at the Whithorn Story Visitor Centre in July 2016.
Organised by Creative Whithorn, this exhibition showcases the work of five invited artists who have national and international reputations. Exhibiting this year are:
- Silvana McLean: Silvana McLean is an artist and printmaker whose work captures the sea alongside geological and glacial themes all inspired by the far North.
- Moy Mackay: A graduate of the Glasgow School of Art, Moy Mackay is a textile artist who uses merino fleece fibres to produce stunningly beautiful pictures.
- Davy Brown: Davy Brown is a well-known visual artist whose distinctive paintings can be found in galleries and private collections across the UK.
- Wendy Kershaw: Producing ceramic books and illustrated pieces in porcelain and terracotta, Wendy Kershaw is an innovative and inspiring ceramic artist.
- David C Williams: Inspired by natural science and the relationship between art, nature and science, David C Williams creates amazing kinetic works of art.
Work from all five selected artists can be found in the Ninian Gallery at the Whithorn Story Visitor Centre throughout July. Admission to the gallery is free during the exhibition. The exhibition also coincides with the annual Creative Whithorn Art and Craft Trail which will be held on July 16th and 17th.